SFPUC customers can qualify to receive a rebate of up to $100 for the purchase and installation of a 2020-21 Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) high-efficiency clothes washer included in the program's Qualifying Product List. If you recently purchased or plan to purchase a coin-operated commercial-grade washing, see the SFPUC's Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years. Please verify before purchasing by calling (415) 551-4730.
- The clothes washer must be delivered and installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase date. The washer cannot contain silver ion technology.
- Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2020-21 Energy Star Most Efficient labeled clothes washer.
- After verifying that your recently purchased clothes washer qualifies, register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System.
- Apply for your residential clothes washer rebate online.
Click "APPLY NOW" under the Residential Clothes Washer Rebate Icon (NOT the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon) and complete the application process. You will need the Water Account Number and the account service address zip code.
- Applicants are required to submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office. Directions are provided in the online application.
We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
View the program guidelines/terms and the list of required application questions. Note: This document is not the program application.
For more information on this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-551-4730.