Essential Construction and Field Work Continues
We hope your loved ones are safe and staying connected during these challenging times. The SFPUC is focused on the health of our teams and continued delivery of our critical water, power and sewer services. You may see our field or construction crews at work maintaining, repairing and upgrading our essential infrastructure. We are making sure they do so as safely as possible and we ask that the public please maintain proper social distance from our crews as they work. Learn more about what you can do to protect yourself and others at San Francisco’s Resource Page sf.gov/coronavirus.
We appreciate your support as we repair and upgrade the systems that serve you every day.
We maintain a complex system that provides water, power, and sewer service to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your rates fund these critical services as well as system upgrades and maintenance that are necessary to keep our system reliable and efficient. We know construction projects have a big impact on those who live and work nearby, and we do our best to work quickly and efficiently so that projects are completed as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
Construction Project Map
Use this map to learn more about the planned water, wastewater, and power construction projects near you and what to expect during repairs or improvements. You can also see a listing of projects below the map.
Construction Project List
- 5th, North 6th, Division, and Sansome streets CSD Rehabilitation
- 17th Street Water Main
- 21st, Bryant, Cumberland, Ford & Hancock Water Main Replacement
- Baker, Sutter Streets Water Main Replacement
- Bay Corridor Transmission and Distribution (BCTD)
- Biosolids Digesters Facilities
- Cargo Way Sewer Box Odor Reduction
- Casitas Avenue and Lansdale Avenue Pipeline Replacement
- Castro and 26th Streets Water and Sewer Project
- Clarendon Emergency Firefighting Water System Upgrade
- College Hill Reservoir Outlet Structure & Pipeline Project
- Folsom Area Stormwater Improvement
- Force Main Rehabilitation at Embarcadero & Jackson Improvements
- Geary Boulevard Water Main Replacement Project
- Green Infrastructure Projects
- Kansas and Marin Streets Sewer Improvements
- Mariposa Pump Station Improvements Project
- New Headworks Facility
- New Montgomery, Jessie, Minna, and Mission Street Brick Sewer Rehabilitation
- Ocean Beach Climate Change Adaptation Project
- Southeast Treatment Plant Upgrades
- Stern Grove Emergency Repairs
- Wawona and Vicente Street Stormwater and Water Main Replacement
- Westside Enhanced Water Recycling Project
- Westside Pump Station Reliability Improvements
Central Valley / Sierra Nevada
- Bridge Replacement
- Moccasin Penstock
- Moccasin Powerhouse and Generator Step-Up Transformer Rehabilitation
- Mountain Tunnel Improvements
- O’Shaughnessy Dam Outlet Works Phase 1
- O’Shaughnessy Dam Access and Drainage Improvements
- San Joaquin Pipelines Tesla Valves Replacement
- San Joaquin Pipeline Valve and Safe Entry Improvement
- Warnerville Substation Rehabilitation
Can't find any information about the work on your street?
- The project could be a joint project co-managed with other City agencies. For SFMTA led projects, please visit https://www.sfmta.com/projects. For SFDPW projects, please visit https://sfpublicworks.org/projects.
- It is possible the work is an emergency water or sewer line repair.
- It could short term project of less than a few week’s duration.
- The work may be emergency sewer inspection and cleaning.
How do you know?
- Look for any information posted on A-frames in and around the work area.
- Call the listed number and reference the permit number.
- Ask to speak with the job site foreman.
- Check the schedule of planned night work.
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing a water, power, or sewer emergency or service problem call our 24-hour hotline at 3-1-1 or log on at https://sf311.org/.