The key elements include of the project include:
- Replace Access Structures in Ladder Wells.
- Install Fall Protection Systems. Install new Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) -compliant ladders and landings with safety cage and/or install fall restraint systems.
- Install a new spillway ladder.
- Seal or Mitigate Existing Leakage. Address flowing water by sealing leaks or otherwise diverting, collecting and disposing of flows.
- Drainage Improvements. Clear the drains in the dam so that water can drain as designed and/or install sump pumps, if appropriate.
- Replace Watertight Door between Ladder Wells 3 & 4. This scope item includes replacing the existing watertight door between Ladder Wells 3 & 4.
The project is part of a larger Hetchy Capital Improvement Program (HCIP), a multi-year capital program to upgrade or improve water conveyance, water storage, and power generation facilities in the Sierra Nevada portion of the Hetch Hetchy Regional Water System.