California State Standards-Aligned for Fourth 4th & 5th Grade Students
"Save Our Water"
In this 40-minute program, students follow the water cycle and travel through history to learn about the comprehensive and impressive San Francisco Water Supply in this program. They will use inquiry-based methods to understand the importance of water conservation for the sustainability of our city's ecosystems and our own health.
To schedule a presentation, contact San Francisco Department of the Environment at ENV-Education@sfgov.org or visit https://www.sfenvironment.org/environmental-education-program.
Our Water Curriculum Materials
- Our Water: Many Users - Many Uses
- Hetch Hetchy: The Story of San Francisco's Water
- What is Drought? No Rain, No Water
- Recycled Water: A Smart Way to Reuse Water
- Desalination: Turning Salt Water into Fresh Water
- What is Groundwater? Our Underground Water Supply
- Pesky Plastics: The Problem with Plastic
- Let's Save Water: Water Conservation
- Glossary of Terms
Lesson Plan Grades 4 - 6
"Protect Our Bay"
This 40 minute program focuses on preventing marine pollution in our San Francisco Bay. Students explore the animals, plants, and humans that could be impacted by toxics in our waterways.