Surveillance Technology Ordinance
The SFPUC recognizes the importance of protecting privacy, and is in accordance with the 2019, SF Admin Code Ch 19B, “Acquisition of Surveillance Technology” ordinance.
A “Surveillance Technology” is defined as:
- A software, electronic device, system using an electronic device, or similar device.
- Used, designed, or primarily intended to.
- Collect, retain, process, or share.
- Audio, electronic, visual, location, thermal, biometric, olfactory or similar information.
- Specifically associated with, or capable or being associated with, any individual or group.
View the Surveillance Technology Inventory Page to view Surveillance Impact Reports and Surveillance Technology Policies for San Francisco City Departments, including the SFPUC.
View the Surveillance Technology Annual Reports for San Francisco City Departments, including the SFPUC.