Caring for the communities that we serve has been a long-time commitment of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC). Now more than ever our communities are struggling and we understand that more customers may find it challenging to pay their bills. If your small business or non-profit is experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for a 20% reduction on your water and sewer bill.
This program is available for a limited time and the deadline to submit an application is March 31, 2022. However, we may cease taking applications earlier if funds are exhausted. Once approved, you will receive a 20% discount on your SFPUC water and sewer bill for a period of six months.
Who is eligible for this emergency discount program?
To qualify for this program, you must:
- Have a SFPUC water and wastewater account for your small business or non-profit. You must have an active, standard water and wastewater account that is not for residential or municipal use. Discounts are not available for private fire or irrigation accounts;
- Have an account in the name of your business or nonprofit or in the name of its owner or manager. Landlords or property managers cannot apply on behalf of their tenants, although a property management company may apply for a discount for their own offices used by only their direct employees;
- Have experienced a loss of revenues related to COVID-19 or the shelter-in-place orders and be experiencing financial hardship and difficulty paying your water and sewer bills. Income loss may be caused by restrictions on your ability to operate (such as shelter-in-place orders), reduced customers or business during shelter in place (even if you were allowed to remain open), or illness of yourself or your employees requiring your business or non-profit to close;
- Have had a maximum of 50 full-time equivalent employees before the shelter-in-place order began (March 16, 2020) across the entire business or nonprofit, including locations outside of San Francisco.
Additional Information and Applications
Our communities come first. As always, flexible payment plans are available for customers by calling (415) 551-3000. The SFPUC has also suspended water and power shut offs due to late payments, postponed liens and collections, waived late fees, and provided rental payment deferments for tenants of our facilities. You may also consider applying for other bill discount programs for residential customers in need, in addition to a host of rebate and incentive programs.
- Application and FAQ - Chinese
- Application and FAQ - English
- Application and FAQ - Filipino
- Application and FAQ - Spanish
Mail Completed Application To:
San Francisco Water, Power and Sewer
Attn: CAP COVID19 Program
525 Golden Gate Ave., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94102